Monday, June 2, 2014

The Beauty and The Beast

Last winter we made room in our master bedroom for a vanity corner. I gor the perfect opportunity to combine 2 elements in this room -"the beauty and the beast": the beauty is this easy and trendy DIY decoration for the mirror. The TV is the beast: sometimes I wish we didn't have it, but since we are addicted to some TV-series, this is somehow a "must"


My husband was in charge to hang the TV on the wall and my job was to decorate the vanity corner.


I was thinking what kind of mirror should l get there and I had no doubt about how it had to look. The original designer-mirror had a price that didn't match my budget, so I had to do something about it. The round mirror from IKEA was perfect for my project. I “framed” it with two belts to create the designer trendy look.


The lightning around the mirror was the tricky part but I found inspiration on another trendy style and made a hanger out of cooper tubes from Clas Ohlson for the lamp.


The lamp is also from Clas Ohlson, but I painted with cooper paint to make it pop! I was inspired by the Urban Jungle Bloggers and I put a plant on my bedroom - I love the heart shape leaves.



My husband made my wish come true painting the wall with a very nice Green Cooper color from Clas Ohlson. I ejoy the contrast the green and the brown and colors that pop like the yellow and coral from this HAY trays. The cute pyramid is from Annaleena Design.


I had so much fun doing this make over that took me several months.


3 comments

  1. Super lindo Vicky!! y si, la tele estéticamente no es nada linda, pero en algun lugar tiene que estar, no? Un beso!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Det ble kjempefint Vicky! Du er så flink! Likte veldig godt kobberet mot det blå.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I really appreciate it.
xoxo
Vicky

Living Four Seasons . All rights reserved. © Vicky Holmedal .